4/14/2005

To Look Forward To

As I prepare to make a new site, under a new host, I've been thinking about looking forward to things. Like looking forward to having a nice, crisp, clean, looking site. Or looking forward to hopefully finding my niche, which may be analysis, as well as keeping you up-to-date on missions around the globe, and of missionary's on top-secret projects risking their lives to tell the gospel of Jesus Christ*. Basically, I’m hoping to add some more to this blog that you’ll enjoy. That seems to be what God is calling me to cover on my blog. I hope you will enjoy what’s coming your way. I’m really excited about it, and I hope you will like it!

So what about the spiritual life? What do you have to look forward to in the future? For me, I look forward to heaven. I look forward to it more than because it's a place of no tears, no pain, no sin, but so much more because I get to see my Savior face to face. It's beyond my wildest dreams. I want to live in a place where there is no more sickness. I want to live in a place where there is no terrorism. I want to live in a place where I can see my family and friends, and those who I've always wanted to meet. I've always wanted to walk down the golden streets, say hello to Peter, talk with Jim Elliot, then speak to Billy Graham. It will be so great to spend eternity talking to such great Christians. But the best thing is that I can see my Savior face to face, without any fear, because I am cleansed of my great sin because of his death on the Cross. He has forgiven me, and I am worthy through his blood to worship Him for eternity.

You say that you don't believe in a heaven or hell. Well, when I look at it, I ask the question, "What if there is a heaven and a hell?" I don’t want to go to a hell. Whether it's there or not, I don't want to go there. However, Christianity does take faith. Faith believes in the unseen, and sometime the unexplained. As a Christian, I have faith there is a God. As a Christian I have faith there is a heaven and a hell.

Many great apologists can tell you more, and perhaps allow you to understand what I'm saying better, but as a Christian, many things are not crystal clear. You say, "That's dumb, believing in the unseen--something you can't touch or feel." The difference of Christianity from other religions is that we worship a risen Savior. Many other religions worship dead prophets. I worship a risen Lord.

I don't have time to do apologetics on such a topic, but what I'm telling you as my reader is that I'm looking forward to great things. I do not fear death, and can live each day with the Cross at my side, ready to live to the fullest, which is whatever God calls me to do. The Cross is all that's worth living for.

*Not promising anything :)